This is a set of Z1 Test Pipes for VHR and HR Nissan / Infiniti models. They have minor blemished on mounting flanges. Shown pictures to the right.
Stock description below.
Z1 Motorsports 350Z HR SS Test Pipes for all '07+ 350Z HR (VQ35HR Equipped models ONLY!)
Residing between the headers and the mid-pipe section (Y-pipe), the Z1 Motorsports SS Test Pipes replace the existing, factory Catalytic Converters. By removing the Catalytic Converter, a major restriction in the exhaust system is eliminated allowing for increased flow. Test Pipes are a great addition to any vehicle looking to extract that extra bit of power, whether it is stock or modified.
Additional benefits include:
- Reduction in exhaust gas temperatures
- Inclusion of a secondary Oxygen Sensor Bung - allowing for either a Exhaust Temp Gauge or Wide Band Air-Fuel Sensor
- Unique exhaust note - a direct result of freeing up the exhaust
- Light weight - A 43% weight reduction as opposed to OEM Catalytic Converters
- Full Stainless Steel Polished Piping and Flanges
- OEM fitment - No additional labor or fabrication is necessary for installation
- ~ 7 - 10 RWHP Increase!
The test pipes include the following components:
- Z1 Motorsports 350Z HR Stainless Steel 2.5" Test Pipes
- Grade 8.8 Zinc Coated Hardware (x8)
- Composite Exhaust Gaskets (x2)
- Mulitlayer Metal Manifold to test Pipe 3-bolt Gaskets (2)
Often the RTV sealing method or composite gasket for the 3 bolt flange from the manifold to the test pipe doesn't hold up over time due to extreme exhaust temperatures and can fail leading to irritating exhaust leaks and potential Check Engine Lights. To solve this potential problem Z1 has designed and produced our very own multilayer metal exhaust gasket for this application. This gasket is similar in construction to the manifold to turbo gaskets we have used for years on turbo applications. It has proven to be one of the strongest and most robust parts on any car we have used them on; these gaskets can be removed and reinstalled countless times without any problems. Now we include them in our kits, and make them available separately here.
NOTE: Because of the expansion of stainless steel by heat, Z1 recommends that the original transmission to exhaust brace not be used. We do include the necessary mounts on the test pipes for those that would like to use the brace, however we strongly recommend against it.
Due to the availability and condition of these parts, all liquidation items are sold "as is" and cannot be returned for any reason. Z1 offers several blemished / overstock items at a substantial discount in our Liquidation Station.