The new Max IV sporty suspension. Awesome sporty drive with great control and comfortable ride on the street.
It's perfect for daily street drive with style and performance. You and your passenger can have a comfortable ride even with a lowered ride height.
Single Tube Damper Design
Mono tube dampers allow for more accurate and stable control and adjustment of dampening. Lower ride height and centre of gravity gives a more stable ride.
Protect the shaft from the flying stones.
Using this special surface coating provides 5 times better durability over standard galvanising. This prevents build-up around the threads of the adjustment areas allowing for easier height adjustment.
With the new design of cylinder shaft since the HIPERMAX M-1, MAX IV increased the cylinder shaft size to have a firm damping even at a little stroke range because of the optimized oil pressure characteristic. We mainly adopted this to the rear damper that can have a better driving experience.
New Design Needle
Newly designed needle has been used to revise the very low speed and middle and high speed dampening which is key to a comfort ride.
Reduction of Unsprung Weight
In order to reduce unsprung weight, bracket, ride height adjusters and lock nuts are made from aluminium.
30 Step Damping Force Adjustment
30 levels of dampening adjustment allow fine tune adjustment for street or circuit.
- Damping Force (Front): 588m/sec (Rebound) & 216m/sec (Compression)
- Damping Force (Rear): 863m/sec (Rebound) & 186m/sec (Compression)
- Front Upper Mount: Rubber
- Lowering (Front): -38mm (From 0 to -64mm)
- Lowering (Rear): -20mm (From 0 to -89mm)
- Rear Upper Mount: Rubber
- Spring Length (Front): 250mm
- Spring Length (Rear): 200mm
- Spring Rate (Front): 69N/mm (7kgf/mm)
- Spring Rate (Rear): 69N/mm (7kgf/mm)
- 1989-1994 Nissan Skyline GTR (BNR32)