Haltech recently released their latest Plug & Play Engine Management System for the 2003+ Nissan 350Z / Infiniti G35, the Platinum Pro Series. This ECU is by far the most advanced and reliable stand alone Plug and Play ECU available for the VQ35DE today! With experience, advice, and a healthy inventory in stock, Z1 Motorsports is your source for Haltech. We will not be beat on price, selection, or support.
When the Haltech EMS is properly tuned you will make more power & do it safer than on the stock ECU with a tune. There are no limits on the range of additional functionality. The Haltech can serve as your boost controller, turbo timer, can control water/methanol injection and nitrous systems, just to name a few. The Haltechs ability to take feedback from sensors monitoring all the vitals and protect your engine at the first signs of any problems is invaluable and cannot be matched with the stock VQ ECU. The Haltech monitors, adjusts to, and protects against knock throughout the entire RPM range. This can manage feedback from the optional dual wideband kit or even tie into existing widebands such as the AEM UEGO or Innovate for continuous protection from lean A/F conditions throughout the RPM range. Protections can be set-up to save your investment (engine) from other dire circumstances such as excessive coolant or oil temperature, low oil or fuel pressure, boost spikes, poor fuel quality, and many others. The Haltech has great features to handle overboost that are capable of cutting EVERYTHING (ignition, fuel, & boost) when you exceed your boost threshold, which can also be mapped on a 2D table. Tuning adjustments can be made on individual cylinders such as adding a few percent additional fuel to 4&6 which notoriously run hotter. Increased map resolution over the stock ECU allows the fine tuning of problem areas that cannot otherwise be reached.
• Direct plug and play replacement of the OEM ECU, no re-wiring necessary.
• Uses the cars factory sensors
• Supports Sequential Injection (peak and hold) and Direct fire ignition
• Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7 compatible software
• Real time programming, instant hesitation free adjustment while engine is running
• Fully user definable 32 x 32 mapping
• Tuning via Volumetric Efficiency (VE), Injection time or Lambda Correction (MAF)
• Diagnostic trouble code storing & Check engine light control(Access through laptop only )
• Selectable onboard internal MAP sensor rated to 150kPa (up to 1.5 Bar or 22psi boost)
• Wideband “auto tuning” using user definable target AFR table
• USB and CAN Communication Port
• 6 x Fuel Injector outputs
• 6 x Ignition outputs
• N-VCT (Nissan Variable CAM Timing Control)
• Tachometer, Boost Control, AC Clutch Relay, Idle Control
• Thermo Fan, Check Engine Light, Fuel Pump (Variable Speed)
• MAF sensors, Throttle Position Sensor, Oxygen sensors,
• Coolant Temperature sensor, Vehicle Speed Sensor,
• Fuel Temperature sensor, Knock Detection Sensor
• 2 x Analogue Voltage inputs
• 2 x Analogue Temperature inputs
• 4 x Digital Outputs
• Dual Bank Closed Loop O2 Control
• Knock Control
• Long Term Fuel Trim
• Over Boost
• Rev Limiter
• Closed & Open Loop Boost Control
• Gear Setup
• ACF On Base Tables
• Transient Throttle Enhance
• Decel Cut
Correction Tables: Fuel Ignition Boost:
• Air Temp Target Correction
• Zero Throttle Gear Correction
• Cylinder Trim
• TPS Correction
• Generic Correction 1
• Generic Correction 2
• Gear Correction
• Post Start
• Air Temp Duty Correction
• Post Start
• Data Logging: 448Kb of onboard data logging, Storage for approx 40 minutes at 10 logs per seconds, 6 channels of data
• Max 20 channels logging capability
• Tune can be password protected in software
• Rugged anodized aluminum casing
Source: 8.6 to 16.5 Volts DC
Consumption: 530mA @ 12Volts DC
ECU Dimensions Length: 154mm (174mm with MAP nipple)
Applications: Nissan 350Z (Z33), Infiniti G35 (V35)
Engine Codes: VQ35DE
Transmission: Manual only (Automatic not supported)
The Kit includes:
Pro Plug-in ECU, USB Cable, Programming Software CD, Quick Start Guide, Instruction Manual (on CD)
- Input/Output Expander Box with Flying Lead Harness- Allows the user the ability to increase the functionality of their Haltech ECU by using the Haltech CAN system which is fitted to all Platinum Series ECU’s, the I/O Expander 12 instantly makes available 12 additional user configurable inputs and outputs. (4 AVI and DPI inputs plus 4 DPO outputs)
- Boost Controller Solenoid- The Haltech ECU allows for the connection of a boost controller which is also controlled by the ECU. (Includes fittings and rubber insulate mount)
- External GM MAP Sensor- We highly recommend using an external GM MAP sensor for the most accuracy and optimum performance. The bar ratings for the sensor have to be compensated for vacuum. Keep in mind the on-board map sensor is only operable to 22 Psi.
- Intake Air Temperature Sensor- This sensor must be used if tuning using Volumetric Efficiency a.k.a. Speed Density. in conjunction with the MAP Sensor.
- Dual Channel Wideband Controller- This unit is essential for tuning and enhanced safe operation of your Z. With built-in free air calibration feature ensures the utmost accurate readings.
- Dual Channel EGT Thermocouple Kit- This unit is very helpful when tuning and monitoring exhaust gas temperatures on turbo applicatons. Kit includes Module, (2) Open tip thermocouples, and (2) fitting kits.
- Flex Fuel Composition Sensor- This sensor allows the use of Ethanol in fuel and tuning appropriately by measuring the content of ethanol in the fuel returning to your fuel tank and adjusting the fuel and timing maps tuned for the content it reads.
These accessories along with others are available for purchase individually in our Univeral Parts Division. Click HERE.
Contact us for expert advice on putting the the perfect Haltech package together for your 350Z or G35. Our Haltech trained and certified tuners are experts in safely tuning high powered VQ's.
Intake Air Temperature Sensor:
Dual Channel Wideband Controller:
Boost Controller Solenoid:
Additional Input / Output Box:
Dual EGT Thermocouple Kit:
Flex Fuel Composition Sensor: